Welcome Oregon Branch!
Welcome to the HTL Family Matt! We are all looking forward to great success together! It’s great to have you onboard. Everyone, please meet Matthew Allen, Branch Manager of our new Medford, Oregon Branch! Matt Allen has been a mortgage loan officer for 17 years and has specialized in just reverse mortgages for over 6 years. He has been in RMF’s President’s Club and has written two books* about reverse mortgages with his most current being “The Plan B Retirement Strategy? – The Ultimate Guide to Strategic Use of Housing Wealth.”
He has written articles for both local and national publications about reverse mortgages and he has been interviewed on both TV and radio about reverse mortgages.
President’s Day Holiday Notification
In observance of President’s Day, HighTechLending will be closed
Monday, February 20, 2023.
No Rate Sheets will be produced or distributed, no locks/relocks accepted, and no loans will be funded.
We will resume regular business on Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.
Thank you for your continued business and support!
- When browsing for marketing collateral in the portal, it can be difficult to know what the piece looks like if you’re in the default “List” view.
- To make things easier, you can switch your view from “List” to “Tiles”. This will allow you to view the contents of the page with thumbnails instead of only file names.
- In the section you’re viewing, look for a link labeled “All Documents”. Click the “All Documents” link to expand a sub-menu and select “Tiles“.
Still not sure how? Watch the video.
For more information, please contact: Ritchel Castillo email@example.com | 949.386.2576
New FNMA and Freddie Mac Cash Out Seasoning
In the next couple months, Fannie and Freddie will be implementing new rules regarding cash out refinances. This does not apply to rate/term refinances. The new guideline stipulates that the existing first mortgage loan be seasoned 12 months from the old note date to the new note date. This does not apply to free and clear properties or when buying out a co-owner subject to an agreement (assuming you meet all of those requirements). The existing requirement to have owned the property for 6 months is still applicable.
Although Fannie and Freddie are not implementing these changes until March and April, these changes are in effect immediately as our investors have already implemented them.
Please note some of the additional differences:
- Fannie Mae – Does apply when loan being refinanced is a HELOC
- Freddie Mac – Does not apply when loan being refinanced is a HELOC
No updates at this time.
No updates at this time.
Bond pricing and treasury yields are mixed in early trading. The U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield is currently 3.724%. Investors are awaiting fresh inflation data this week and fretting over the Fed’s potential response.
This Week’s Economic Calendar:
Tuesday, February 14th
- 8:30 am m/m CORE CPI Jan
Wednesday, February 15th
- 7:00 am MBA Refi Index
- 10:30 am Crude Oil Inventory
- 1:00 pm 20-Yr Bond Auction
Thursday, February 16th
- 8:30 am House starts mm: change Jan
- 8:30 am Jobless Claims
- 8:30 am Producer Prices Jan
- 1:00 pm 30-Yr Bond Auction
Friday, February 17th
- 8:30 am Import prices mm Jan
- 10:00 am Leading index chg mm Jan
30 Yr. Fixed 6.18% 0.64 -0.01%
15 Yr. Fixed 5.64% 0.63 +0.14%
30 Yr. FHA 6.14% 0.88 -0.04%
30 Yr. Jumbo 5.96% 0.55 -0.03%
WEEK ENDED 52-WEEK
FEB. 03 JAN. 27 HIGH LOW
1-year 4.70 4.69 4.76 0.80
10-year 3.48 3.49 4.12 1.80
Investors are still assessing the outlook for inflation and monetary policy as well as the likelihood of further interest rate hikes by the Fed. Fed officials have reiterated that rates could go higher, but future policy decisions would likely be dependent on economic data moving forward.